Thursday, August 27, 2009

Social Media Addiction

Today one of my best friends told me she is too addicted to Facebook and do not want to keep sharing pictures etc... so, in order to stop it she created another Facebook account and started clean hahaha, it sound a little ironic, it might work for her though, I'm a bit confused..

I've also been thinking that I'm addicted to Social Media, like Facebook or Twitter... I think I really am ! Houston we have a problem hehe...

I was talking to Mariana (one of my Miami friends), she told me this social media addiction increases due to the economic recession, people do not have a lot of money to spend in Marketing and they are hungry to advertise their businesses, the best and cheapest way to go is through internet and social media. Mariana and I have the same kind of background, Marketing. We know how important is nowadays to have an internet presence, I totally agree with her but I also think there are other reasons social media is so addictive...

A lot of people are more and more addicted to it because of: loneliness, need of attention, game applications, living in another country, lack of money to go out, willingness, sometimes we are shy and is easier to make friends through internet etc...

Also, more and more people is finding love through the net because is more easy, saves time and you can really find your match.. I know more and more people that are using this kind of media to find a partner, it seems to work pretty well.

Lets talk about twitter.com...Twitter provides tons of info that you subscribed to in order to get little sentences with interesting links. Because of the ease of access to more info that you like makes it super addictive... You don't have to go to cnn.com anymore, you can just follow it on twitter and click on any news that interest you, but at the same time you are following time.com, abc news or nbc and all of them have different interesting stories. I actually get lots of headaches from the tons of info I read everyday, from news, celebrity gossip, technology, non profit orgs. etc...

Well now you tell me if you are addicted to Social Media and how does that affect your life. Lets think about it..

42%

This quiz was provided by - Search & Social - Media Experts




No comments:

Post a Comment