Monday, August 3, 2009

Recent changes in my lifestyle....

Well, this post is basically about good changes I started making since last year. The 1st thing I did was to quit smoking, I have to be honest, I stopped smoking for a long time, but now I do smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes whenever I go out (which is usually every weekend). I kind of did a 90% change.. but I still have to quit 100%. Its weird because I do not like cigarettes, I hate the smoke, or when somebody smokes next to me, I think the big problem here is the alcohol, whenever I have a few drinks is then when I want to smoke. Its a dilemma. Ok well, the good thing is that I made a big change and I do not smoke in my daily life and I haven't buy a package of cigarettes in a looong time.

The other thing I quit last year, was eating red meat. I just didn't like it anymore, the meat here in USA tasted different for me than what I was used to eat in Mexico. Also, I thought about the animal cruelty and if I don't even like it it, would be no problem for me to stop eating it.

In the beginning of this year I read the book "Skinny Bitch". This little book just finished convincing me what I already knew about how foods are made, processed etc. The book explains with very specific details of how meat, fruits, vegetables, etc. get added all these hormones and pesticides, and of course, the animal cruelty and living conditions.

As soon as I finished reading this book, I stopped eating chicken and turkey. I didn't stop eating fish, I love fish and sea food, I cannot being a complete vegetarian for now, maybe in the future.

Another important change in my lifestyle was joining a Equinox, my gym. I didn't want to join a gym because they charge your card every month automatically and I was not used to do that. Anyways, I thought if I don't join and they make me pay I will not go, so I started going like 2-3 times a week. The good thing is that one of my best friends "Tara" joined this year so now I had the motivation to go every day, she is my trainer and makes sure I go every day, its a pain in the a... but I like that hehe. Now I go to the gym like 4-5 times a week. I do spinning and yoga some days and the other ones I do cardio and weight lifting.

I also went to GNC, got whey protein shake, folic acid, every day fiber, a muscle amplifier/calorie burner and vitamin B-12.

Ok, I already told you the "good" changes I made in my diet and lifestyle.

Now, I'm navigating the web trying to find a solution or the answer to the question: Why I'm not Miss f$%& Universe by now?? !! hahaha. I'm kidding, well not that much, what I'm trying to say is that I would love to find the answer to a good and balanced vegetarian diet that can make me loose weight faster... I think I'm just an impatient person and want to see results right away... but don't worry, I will try harder and will not give up, be prepared for the new Rosario... coming soon !

I just want to conclude saying that everybody can start making little changes in their lifestyle, all for a good purpose and we will see the results in the future...


No comments:

Post a Comment