Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dolce far niente

Dolce far niente, the sweetness of doing nothing.

Today I've been basically doing nothing, went to work for a little bit, then came home, made a white hominy and vegetable soup and fell asleep. I did, nothing. I love doing nothing and is not mean that I'm lazy, is just I feel very comfortable in my home with only myself and my 2 cats.

I got this Italian phrase (dolce far niente) from watching the "Eat, Pray, Love" movie. I think it described exactly what I felt today.

In this movie the main character (Julia Roberts) is trying to find herself and the word that describes her the best, she is trying to find balance. I identified myself strongly with this character, I'm also trying to find balance, I'm trying to put my mind clear and think properly. I want to know if I'm doing the right thing or I'm walking on the right path.

I guess I am not because otherwise you will feel it deeply inside you.

I would totally go now on a trip to many countries I like to visit, Bali is actually on my top list. Unfortunately I can't leave at this moment but will do it soon :) ..

I want to find my word ..

No comments:

Post a Comment